Spring is here finally! Time to get out and prepare your pond for summer. Here are a few tips to help you ensure your pond is looking good for the hot weather:
* Replace your Ultra Violet Light Globe (If you have one). Buy a good quality Phillips U.V lamp. They have over 9000 hours of U.V effectiveness to kill that algae dead all summer long.
* Vacuum the bottom of your pond with an OASE Pondovac or Clearpond Turbovac. Too much sludge in the bottom of ponds can make them unhealthy for your fish, especially in warmer weather.
* Trim plants & trees around the pond to reduce leaves and other plant debris entering your pond.
* Now is the time to start feeding your fish (Especially Koi) with a higher protein food. Clearpond Gro Mix is a great food for this time of year with added Spirulina & Paprika for increased health & colour of your pond fish. A new container load has arrived this week, so stocks are super fresh.
* Check your filtration system and make sure it's not too clogged. Always use pond water not tap water when cleaning filter media and always dose your pond with Clearpond Bacteria to ensure proper biological balance within your biological pond filter.
*Last but least. Make sure you keep your pumps & filters operating 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you have the correct set up, this will ensure adequate oxygen levels to maintain a healthy eco-system.
Hope you all have a enjoyable pond season. If you need any further advice just speak to any one of our Authorised Dealers Australia & New Zealand wide, or contact us direct.